Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Avocado Slaw



Okay so Duane and I love to watch The Next Food Network Star. This is one of my favorite recipes for this season. Susie Jiminez calls it Cabbage Slaw, I like to call it

AVOCADO SLAW

1 head of cabbage, shredded.
1 red onion, chopped finely
1 bunch of cilantro, chopped very fine
3 limes, juiced
2 avocados
1-2 jalapenos, fined chopped
1 cucumber, deseeded and finely sliced
1/4 to 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, rubbed in between hands into the bowl

Combine all the ingredients and season with salt and pepper ( in my rush, I forgot the salt and pepper and didn't even miss it!)
I quickly mashed my avocados with a potato masher, leaving some chunks as well. Mix it in softly and not too much (can produce a bitter flavor with too much mixing).

This is tasty as a side dish. I would use it on chicken and fish tacos as well. Soooo YUMMY!!!

Seriously Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. oh yummy - need to try this :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds good! And would work for our vegetarian month. :)

    ReplyDelete