Saturday, February 11, 2012

Lupulu

Another reason I look forward to Super Bowl Sunday! Yes, we do Hawaiian!



You will need:

taro leaves (purchase at Hawaiian Hut in West Valley)
canned tomatoes
chopped onions
corned beef
coconut milk

Rinse taro leaves and cut off the stem. Try to choose taro leaves with no holes in them. Place one on top of the other (with tips in opposite direction) in the palm of your hand. With your other hand, fill leaves with a scoop of corned beef, a handful of chopped onions, and a spoonful of tomatoes. Wrap up your packets by folding the leaves together. Place your packets into a pressure cooker. 1 can tomatoes, 1 can corned beef usually makes 6 packets. Pour a can of coconut milk over the packets. Place pressure cooker on the stove on high until it reaches the second red line and then turn to low. Let cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour.

2 comments:

  1. I hope the picture is before it's cooked/baked. May I start with dessert please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! I know I wondered about the picture? It tastes so much better than it looks. Maybe I should try with the before it is cooked picture?

    ReplyDelete